How to lower triglycerides naturally?
Your step by step guide to lower triglycerides naturally.
Once you discover you have high triglycerides levels in your blood (hypyertriglyceridemia), the first advice your doctor will give you is to lower your triglycerides naturally.
In this way you may reduce your chances to have future coronary heart disease, since people with also suffer from hypertension, insulin resistance, blood clotting problems ( atherosclerosis disease ) and mixed dyslipidemia (TG>200mg/dl, HDL<35MG/DL).
In the following paragraphs I've tried to show the most important steps on how to lower triglycerides naturally.
- Eliminate your alcohol consumption, as hypertriglyceridemia always accompanies alcoholism. - Refined sugars, concentrated sweets, and desserts raise TG levels as well.
- Try always to drink decaffeinated coffee, as a recent study has proved that quitting all caffeinated products for 2 weeks can effectively lower triglycerides naturally by twenty five percent.
- Always eat plenty of foods rich in water soluble fibers, like fruits, oats, beans…etc.
- Gradually, try to switch your diet to high carbohydrates, low fat foods.
- Replace saturated fats and trans-fatty acids in your food (e.g. tropical oils like palm and coconut) with monounsaturated fats (e.g. olive oil).
- In order to lower triglycerides naturally and risk of CHD, your doctor will definitely advise you to avoid red meat, animal dairy products, and other foods rich in saturated fats.
- You can substitute red meat with fish (e.g. salmon, sardines, herring, and albacore tuna) which are rich in omega-3 fatty acid.
- It is scientifically proved that omega-3 fatty acids (EPA+DHA), which are found massively in fish and fish oil supplements, can significantly lower triglycerides naturally. Actually, the American Heart Association has published recommendations for omega-3 fatty acids.
Significant changes to some of your bad lifestyle habits are very important to help you in lowering triglycerides naturally.
- You should practice some physical exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
- Please, stop smoking. Keep in mind that tobacco smoking is strongly related to elevated plasma triglycerides.
- Try to keep slim without any obesity or overweight problems. Increased fat tissues in your body will eventually increase TG levels in your blood.
Supplements and vitamins
They are also powerful weapons to reduce triglycerides naturally .
- Fish oil and cod liver oil supplements are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and can significantly reduce elevated triglycerides.
- Sometimes, these supplements are combined with garlic extract to incredibly lower triglycerides and LDL “Bad” cholesterol as well.
- A dose of 300mg of pantethine (which is a by-product of vitamin B5), taken 3 times daily can reduce your serum triglycerides level.
- For diabetic(type 2 diabetes), it is found that taking 200 mg of chromium supplement daily for 60 days, can lower triglycerides by about 17%.
- Many doctors recommend one to three grams of L-carnitine supplement daily to treat high triglycerides levels.
- Herbs are another well-spread therapy which can reduce triglycerides naturally.
- Some reports published in 1998 suggest that a daily dose of 600-900 mg of garlic taken regularly for 1-4 months might reduce triglycerides levels by eight to twenty-seven percent.
- Drinking 4 or more cups of green tea daily has shown great influence on lowering triglycerides level in your blood.
- Furthermore, herbs like fenugreek, artichoke, psyllium seeds, and maitake mushroom have been proved to reduce triglycerides naturally.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.