High cholesterol in men with low testosterone
QUESTION: Hi, Besides this, having low testosterone level impairs the process of having erection. So, these two factors have unpleasant effect on your organism.
ED (Erectile dysfunction) in men with low testosterone 49 yr old male and high cholesterol not on zocor.
ANSWER: Hi there,
At first, I want you to know that there are many factors causing erectile dysfunction. However, the most common cause of this unpleasant condition is the elevated cholesterol along with smoking.
Generally, the problem with the elevated cholesterol level is related with the cholesterol ability to build up a plaque inside the arteries, leading to low blood flow.
It is quite possible for you to have a plaque, which stops the blood flow versus your penis. Of course, when there is no blood versus your penis, you are unable to have or maintain erection- erectile dysfunction.
Because of this, you have to start living healthier lifestyle. According to this, now I will give you some tips on which you have to work.
1. Quit smoking, if you smoke. Remember that smoking reduces the chance of having erection, above the age of 40.
Besides this, it is very possible for you to experience other cardio-vascular diseases, like myocardial infraction or stroke. So, do your best to quit smoking as soon as possible.
2. Start doing exercises. You have to know that exercises are increasing the testosterone secretion, which of course will remove your problem regarding the low testosterone level.
Besides this, with the exercises, you will burn the excessive amount of cholesterol in your body. This of course will stop the atherosclerosis development and it will improve the blood flow, in certain areas, which are already blocked by atherosclerotic plaques.
3. Start eating healthfully. I want to remind you that the elevated cholesterol concentration in your body is observed because of increased intake of cholesterol and fats.
These substances are generally contained in pork, beef, fast foods and other oily meals. So, you have to stop eating them as soon as possible. Besides this, you have to pay more attention to the vegetables and to fish.
These products are used from every single person with cholesterol problems, because they are keeping your bad cholesterol (LDL) within the reference ranges.
4. It is very important for you to know that stress has bad influence on your cholesterol and testosterone secretion. In your case, you are obligated to find a way to handle the stress.
5. At least, I want you to speak with your physician about eventual drug treatment of the elevated cholesterol concentration. Besides this, discuss the eventual option of using drugs, like Viagra, Levitra or Cialis.
However, I think that you can beat the cholesterol and the erectile dysfunction only with lifestyle changes. Everything is a matter of dedication, so do your best.
Hope it helped!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to High cholesterol.
Return to Home